Thanks to Local Business Week!
November 20, 2013
Thank you to Morgan Creek Grill for the last two summers I have had so much for at your Sunday brunch for book signings! The bonus is that my entire family is in town (and plans their trip around this signing) to make sure they make it to the Creek! http://www.morgancreekgrill.com/
November 19, 2013
Today's thank you is to Old South Carriage Company. Old South & Ashley Cline created the first ever Princess Charleston Of The Isle Of Palms by Kelly Sheehy DeGroot carriage ride happen in Charleston, South Carolina! This summer was the first time EVER that Sweet T's Sea Turtle Rescue was read in public. It was also the first time I was able to sing the magical song of the Princess while riding down the beautiful streets of Charleston with our driver Jen, our horse Max, and a carriage full of Princesses, a Prince and a Queen Mum! Truly a memory that will last me a lifetime. Check out the reading here and you can hear how the songs goes! http://youtu.be/cBVuIExrVGE http://www.oldsouthcarriagetours.com/
November 18, 2013
Today, I would like to thank Lowcountry Live for giving me my first TV appearance to support Princess Charleston Of The Isle Of Palms by Kelly Sheehy DeGroot my first LIVE interview with Laura Harris! I had the opportunity this past June to promote my newest release Sweet T's Sea Turtle Rescue with Tom Crawford | ABC News 4. Thank you to the producers and all the WCIV | ABC News 4 staff for making us feel so welcome! Hope to see you again this summer! You can check this summer's interview here, give it a few seconds to load ;)
November 10, 2013
Day 6 vendor: I am so happy to have Princess Charleston Of The Isle Of Palms sold at Turtle Creek in the Charleston City Market. This summer I had the opportunity to drop off a deliver of books to owner Steve Beale. A very cool story where you can always find a unique gift. I purchased a Tweet Tweet Home birdhouse for my niece's birthday and she just loved it. Thanks for your continued support Steve! http://www.puzzleboxguy.com/
November 9, 2013
Day 5 vendor: The story began for Princess Charleston on the beautiful Isle of Palms, SC. It is perfect that the fabulous Wild Dunes Resort carries Princess Charleston Of The Isle Of Palms by Kelly Sheehy DeGroot in their Hudson's Market. A highlight for me each summer is participating in their Vendor Night at the resort. Can't wait for this summer!
November 8, 2013
My day 4 vendor is The Five & Dime General Store in Charleston, South Carolina. It was a great highlight during the summer book tour to personally drop off copies of Princess Charleston Of The Isle Of Palms by Kelly Sheehy DeGroot to the owner Joe and his staff. A great stop in the historic Charleston City Market.
November 7, 2013
November 6, 2013
Today's vendor that I would like to recognize is Baby Bloomers Home! The "go-to" baby boutique in Charleston, South Carolina. I am so honored to have both copies of Princess Charleston Of The Isle Of Palms by Kelly Sheehy DeGroot & Sweet T's Sea Turtle Rescue in their store. Last time I was in the store I bought my soon-to-be born nephew the cutest and unique presents to add to his nursery. Thanks to Robin and her staff for their continued support. http://www.babybloomershome.com/
As I think back on the month of June, all I can do is smile. I was able to spend a glorious month in beautiful Charleston, SC. I spent time with my two favorite cheerleaders, my husband Joe and, of course my beautiful daughter Charleston, who are with me every step of the way at each book-signing event. Here are some of my highlights:
1) I really loved personally going into the stores that carry Princess Charleston of the Isle of Palms to deliver the copies of books they ordered.
- Isle of Palms Marina
- Baby Bloomers
- Historic Charleston Foundation
- Five & Dime General Store
- Turtle Creek
2) Appearing on Lowcountry Live! It was such an honor to be interviewed on live TV by Tom Crawford.
3) Charleston holding the sign for “North,” the loggerhead sea turtle that was released back to his home on June 18. This will be a memory that will last me a lifetime. Thanks to Kelly Thorvalson for making it happen.
4) Reading the book inspired by my daughter and having her in a carriage full of Princesses listen to me read and sing Princess Charleston of the Isle of Palms and my new release Sweet T’s Sea Turtle Rescue down the streets of Charleston. One of my favorite memories is when we practiced our princess wave to people on the streets as we went by…and I’ll never forget all the people who waved back! Thanks to Old South Carriage Co. and Ashley Cline for hosting the first Princess Charleston of the Isle of Palms carriage ride in the city of Charleston!
5) Sweet CeCe’s naming their strawberry yogurt after Miss Sweet T herself!
6) Having my parents and my sister’s family join me on some of the book signing stops!
7) Working with Poe Minton! Always so great to see her over the summer months.
8) Meeting up with former WTAE-TV meteorologist Erin Kienzle who now lives in Charleston. Her family came down to the Sweet CeCe’s event. So great to meet her beautiful family.
9) Morgan Creek Grill always holds a special place in my heart during these book-signing events. My husband and I shared our first dinner as a married couple there, our first anniversary dinner, and a place for our family to come and relax each summer.
10) Meeting so many wonderful readers! Thank you for all your love support, tweets, Facebook posts and messages! You make Princess Charleston of the Isle of Palms a reality! A reader came up to Charleston and he said to her “your mom wrote a really good book.” She said “Thanks!” It makes me smile even as I type this…
To view more photos from the summer book tour click here: